Relief (Elect to Work) – Day Program Counsellor
Location: All Pegasus Toronto site locations: 931 Kingston Road, 6 Williamson Road, 97 Main Street, 56 Woodfield Road, 953 Gerrard Street East
* To provide frontline support to adults with developmental disabilities.
* To facilitate their participation in community life through activities in the areas of work and volunteer placements.
* To implement a range of programs.
* The successful candidate will work from several program sites and accompany participants as they access the community
* To ensure effective operation of the program by:
* Scheduling, organizing tasks in order to meet deadlines, maintains time sheets accurately
* Maintaining administrative and program memos and ensures that staff are kept informed of directives
* Controlling petty cash, monitoring general expenditures in relation to the program budget
* Maintaining inventory control
* Ensuring that complete and confidential records for each participant are maintained
* To facilitate specialized programs, e.g. drama, pottery and music
* Post Secondary diploma or degree in developmental disabilities or related field
* Minimum 2 years experience
* Display progressive approach toward people with disabilities
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* A valid first aid certificate, CPR, and experience in medication administration
* Experience forming and maintaining relationships with families and other support persons
* Ability to work cooperatively as part of a support team
* Ability to respond to a varying range of job requirements
* Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 3:30pm, Saturday, 9:30am – 2:30pm
* Occasionally will be asked to work an evening or weekend in exchange for equivalent time off during regular program hours.
We do thank you for your interest, but only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Please Note: Recruitment is ongoing